Thursday 9 August 2012

Day 12 – Monday 30th July

It was an exciting day today, because I was expecting a new member to join the team.  His name’s Mike and he was transferred from the Rowing Village at Egham.  It was really nice to show him around the Village and hear the comparisons with Egham.  I’m really grateful to the NOC Assistants team for arranging this, because it was only me in that morning, because I was a non-driver.  The Venezuelans were getting a little irritated, and I couldn't blame them!

No sooner had I finished the tour, and we’d had lunch, than I had another phone-call.  I wasn’t expecting this, but a Francesco had also been brought in from Egham to help us out.  I felt like Christmas had come early!  I’m so glad and grateful, because I was getting really worried about us being just four in the team, not so much for myself but for the drivers in the group being overworked.  The Venezuelans do like their ‘chauffeurs’!

Before long, Mike was sent on his first errand to Hyde Park.  Not being a driver, it was difficult to help, but I’m glad the Venezuelans are happy that we have a full team again.  Tomorrow’s my day off, and I’m glad for it, but I’m happier that I can come back on Wednesday knowing that all is well in that respect, and that I won’t have to feel guilty about my day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment