Wednesday 2 May 2012

Anticipation


4 exams down, 5 to go.  It's been a bit of a mix.  One terrible (apparently I came out looking pale), two good and one I feel great about.  So on average pretty good, I think.  Last night almost resulted in disaster due to our next door neighbours’ partying antics at 4am, but this morning’s exam turned out to be the best so far.  I think this was partly due to the desire for some form of (very) passive revenge, and, of course, mostly because of my excellent study regime!  And tea.  The importance of tea can never be forgotten in times of need.

At this moment in time I just can’t wait for the exams to be over and for the rest of my life to begin!

Tomorrow following my exam I’m back off to London's East End for my fifth module training for the Olympics.  This is the big’un, when I find out which continent and then country I will be a part of during the five and a bit weeks I’m working there which until now has been kept as a big surprise.  I’m really excited.  I don’t really mind who I get.  I just can’t wait to represent this country the best I can, and to be unofficially a part of another.  

I return to London to get my sexy Games Maker Uniform (including bag and the all-important umbrella) and Pass on Friday as well, so it’s a big week for me Olympics-wise.  Everything seems to be stepping up a gear, which is wonderful as it makes it become so much more real and gives me something to look forward to.  I booked my driver training for after the exams so I don’t have to freak out either thing anything more than I have to.

I’ve also applied for a couple of jobs – one in London, one in Nantes and one in Hastings – but I’m not really holding much hope because of my commitment to the Olympics.  Except perhaps for the one in Nantes because that wouldn’t start until September.  Plus, I mean, it’s Nantes.  If I could live in Nantes or Oviedo I think my life would be complete.

In the meantime, music, writing, friends and family are helping my plough on through my exams.  I can’t believe I’m so close to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment