Thursday 26 April 2012

Tah-dah!

In a moment of respite from my studies I changed the design of my blog in an attempt to make it more personal.  Surprise!

I took the photo on my twenty-first birthday.  My parents were visiting me in Asturias (Northern Spain) for a week and we decided that to celebrate my birthday we'd go for a drive around the East of the region, stopping in many coastal towns.  I believe the town we were in at this point was called  Tapia de Casariego, and I think at the time I wanted to live there.  This would probably be more feasible if the trainline wasn't just a single track.  Nevertheless, I'm not going to ever say never on that one - it's so beautiful.  The whole region was: it was difficult to choose a photo!

The completion of exams and essays is starting to become one month-long release.  Sure, I'm still getting nervous for examtime, but it's really just getting closer and closer to a time when this sort of pressure will be just a distant memory.  Unless I do a Masters...

In the meantime I've applied for a couple of jobs here and there.  I feel so grown up!  I mean, I've applied to jobs before, but those were just for saving money for Uni and travelling.  Now it will have to go towards things like mortgages and cars and other grown-up stuff I didn't have to worry about before.

Other than blogging and writing flash fiction (I'll come to that in another post) I've found a wonderful release in playing the keyboard.  I've had the pleasure of being able to play music since I was 7 years old, and it just fills me with joy every time.  I got a Disney book through whilst I was away for Easter, which has been fun to play through, as well as some older books such as Keane, Les Miserables and Wicked.

Alas, back to the grindstone I go...

4 comments:

  1. Did I get you that Keane book or am I going totally mental?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you did :D For my birthday one year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the blog : ) By the way, before I read the post I almost thought the background picture was Hastings/Bexhill coast - oops : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bekah :D :D I wish this was Hastings. I'd never want to leave that spot :P

    ReplyDelete